Apart from the obvious, conservation aspect of this project, there are more ways that we are working to minimise environmental impact of your visit here:
- All our buildings will have a story to tell about where its timber was sourced. Our initial two guest houses have used dead trees sometimes standing, sometimes fallen—but dead; scraps and waste left over from previous logging; or timber imported from older buildings.
- Solar Energy is the primary power source. Energy efficient lighting is used throughout. A diesel generator is used only for occasional supplementary, high-power needs.
- A gravity flow water system provides water without power consumption.
- We are growing a fruit and vegetable garden, and where possible will serve home grown produce.
- In order to promote principles and health and environmental sustainability, food served is also vegetarian.
- Bottled water is not provided. A reusable water bottle and water filters (in your rooms) are provided instead.